Similar questions from the community
Hulu and the iphone 5
I have a iphone 4 and watched Hulu thur my lcd tv and I have just got a iphone 5 and will have to replace my cables, the salepersom at radio shack told me I needed a Lighting to 30 pin adapter and to use my old 30 pin HDMI cables for my iphone 4. I just pluged it in today and all I get is sound no video on the my tv only but I do get video on the iphone 5 screen , I was told I really needed a Lightning Digital AV Adapter but was thinking is hulu still doing iphone to tv video output on the iphone 5?
- Asked by Jimmy V from Earlington
- 13 Dec, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Hulu and the iphone 5)
No answers yet
what's the "difference's?.. between a digital AV adapter & a digital AV lightening adapter. I have an iPad Air and want to watch programs etc. via tv
I'm a big fan of gta and I have them all in my iPhone 6 plus does anyone know if the av adaptor will work with playing them on my TV
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3)
I can't get my screen to show up on my TV. I tested the connection by attaching a laptop to the TV, and it works, so this appears to be a problem with either the AV adapter or the iPhone.
- Asked by David G from Vista
- 3 Jul, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3))
Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?
Hi I have a lg 4K ultra hdtv can I watch to show I bought on iTunes with the Lightning digital AV adapter and also can I play games on my iPhone 6s to go through to the tv so it's a bigger screen ? Your help would be much appreciated.
- Asked by Zoe - Ann D
- 10 Mar, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?)
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- 26 Aug, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 19 Jan, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television
- Asked by Shada T from Parkville
- 24 Jun, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
Will AV adapter work with my camera
I need to transfer a video from my digital camera will the digital AV adapter do this or do I need to buy a different cable ??
- Asked by Pauline F
- 24 Aug, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will AV adapter work with my camera)
No answers yet
Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?
- Asked by Stan M from Hamilton
- 26 Jun, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?)
Can we play web video through lightning digital av adapter?
- Asked by Chase X from Akron
- 11 Apr, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we play web video through lightning digital av adapter?)
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 22 Jan, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
- Asked by Robert A from Ashland
- 14 Dec, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?)