Similar questions from the community
Does this adaptor support connecting a 2.5' USB 3.0 external harddisk and charging via USB-C at the same time for Time Machine restore?
What resolutions are supported with this device?
I would like seamless support for high resolution monitors and lower resolution projectors.
Of course, it should use a safe resolution when you first plugin a new device.
- Asked by Timothy P from Greensboro
- 30 Sep, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What resolutions are supported with this device?)
What is the highest resolution this adapter supports?
The highest resolution I have been able to display with it on a Dell U2713HM is 2048x1152 which may be a limitation of the VGA adapter or the monitor.
- Asked by John S from Hoboken
- 2 Jun, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the highest resolution this adapter supports?)
Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?
Have tried another USB-C to USB adapter and the drive wasn't supported. It says my firmware version is 200 - if thats important at all... Please help - they're too expensive to buy and then not work and I need to buy an adaptor before uni starts back (in two weeks)
Just bought a new MacBook pro (13 inch, 2016) update from macBook Air (13 inch, 2012) and bought the disc drive new in 2013
- Asked by Brianna H from East Albury
- 31 Jan, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?)
How does this " support both video and audio output"? Certainly it doesn't support audio over the VGA port, right?
Was this text copy-pasted from the "USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter," which does support audio and video over the HDMI port? (Presumably the USB port would support audio, just like any other USB port would, but that's not how I read this claim.)
- Asked by Brian C from Mclean
- 10 Mar, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this " support both video and audio output"? Certainly it doesn't support audio over the VGA port, right?)
Under "system requirements" it states this adapter "Supports both video and audio output" - however VGA does not support audio so how can this work?
Does the USB B port on the multipart adaptor support a USB to Ethernet connection as we want to connect the MacBook to a network (non wifi)