Similar questions from the community
Will this work with the new Apple TV?
It's hard to get hold of USB-C to USB-A male/male cable to connect my new Apple TV to a Mac for development, so I'm wondering if I could use this adapter and USB-C male/male cable instead?
- Asked by Filip R from Las Vegas
- 26 Nov, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new Apple TV?)
No answers yet
can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter
New Mac Book Air USB-c port
- Asked by Erick K from Long Beach
- 17 Apr, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can you connect & will it work, an SD Camera Card Adapter)
Does this adapter work with the 29W USB power adapter or Apple TV 4th Generation?
It would be nice to charge a Siri remote through the 4th generation Apple TV's USB-C port, and use it's lightning to regular USB cable. And to charge your USB charge devices really fast.
- Asked by Zachary E from Caledonia
- 8 Feb, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with the 29W USB power adapter or Apple TV 4th Generation?)
Are headsets able to be connected to macbook pro with the USB-C to USB adapter?
I have the newest macbook pro and am currently studying via distance. The tutor has instructed the following:
"To join in you need a headset which has a USB connection to your computer. If you have a camera with a built-in microphone, or a built-in microphone in your laptop they will work, too, but the quality may not be so good. The thing that won't work is a microphone with a jack that goes into the sound system of your computer, as that will send feedback sound into the system. Adobe Connect is not very compatible with Chrome and Skype can interfere with it, so turn those off. Note that a microphone is not compulsory; text chat is also available. "
Can you please advise which headset would enable me to be able to join in conversations for lectures?
- Asked by Bridget L
- 28 Feb, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Are headsets able to be connected to macbook pro with the USB-C to USB adapter?)
Can I use this adapter to connect a jumpdrive to my ipad? Is there any way to access the files on my jumpdrive using my ipad?
- Asked by Crystal M from Fresno
- 15 Jul, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect a jumpdrive to my ipad? Is there any way to access the files on my jumpdrive using my ipad?)
Can i Charge my MacBook 12" with an external powerbank connected to the pc with this adapter?
- Asked by Simone T from Pavullo Nel Frignano
- 3 Sep, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i Charge my MacBook 12" with an external powerbank connected to the pc with this adapter?)
I need the ability to connect to ethernet. Will this adapter AND a Apple USB to ethernet adapter allow me to access a network via ethernet?
- Asked by Bill K from Hamilton
- 23 Apr, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I need the ability to connect to ethernet. Will this adapter AND a Apple USB to ethernet adapter allow me to access a network via ethernet?)
Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?
I have MacBook (2016) with a single usb-c port. I bought a third party adapter to multiply this port to usb-3 ports, but it didn't work with my apple super drive. If I buy this, will this work with it? Because I've seen different statements on Apple's website:
1. The Apple USB SuperDrive and MacBook Air SuperDrive are designed exclusively for use with Mac computers that do not have a built-in optical drive. Plug in the SuperDrive directly to the computer's USB port. Don't use a USB hub. (Here: Article HT201788)
2. To connect your SuperDrive to your MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) use a USB-C adapter. (Here: Article HT202665)
Which one is true?
- Asked by John B from Eugene
- 9 May, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?)
I need to connnect the computer to a different device if there's just one connection can i connect multiples device in just this adapter?
I have an apple supper drive which does not connect to my new Mackbook via USB port. Can I use this adapter to connect the super drive to my new Mac
Would this cable work with the new Apple MacBook to connect Apple’s SuperDrive to connect the USB since the 12” MacBook does not have a built-in USB?
I want to purchase a MacBook, but I have the CD/DVD super drive to transfer my CD’s into iTunes and watch movies on the laptop. Is this the cord I want for that to work or is there another or is that just not possible with the new 12” MacBook?
Can this adapter be used with a Lightning to USB Cable to charge an iPad or iPhone using the 29W USB-C Power Adapter?
When charging the 12" MacBook, the 29W USB-C Power Adapter puts out a higher voltage than suitable for iPhone or iPad.
Will that be reduced to 5 V when one of these devices is connected via this adapter?