Questions & Answers for Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook Air
6 Questions from the Community
Will Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter work with 50 Hz charging, in Europe, with a travel power (voltage) converter)?
Electrical outlets in Europe are 220-240V and generally 50 Hz. I have a "travel converter" that can plug into that and have as output 110-120V. But, it will not adjust the European frequency from 50 Hz to what is used in the U.S., 60 Hz. I wish to charge up my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2011 vintage) using the supplied (original) U.S. power adapter (Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter), which will then be plugged into the travel converter, which would be supplying 110-120V at 50Hz. Is this okay, or will there be any problem?
- Asked by Gretchen H from Oakland
- 16 Sep, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter work with 50 Hz charging, in Europe, with a travel power (voltage) converter)?)
Just use a 'tourists plug adaptor' and it will work fine. I lived in the US ten years ago and plugged my UK purchased Toshiba laptop into the mains using an ordinary travel adaptor that you get in an airport etc and it worked fine. I bought a Macbook Pro when I was out there - which is what I am typing on now and it plugs into the mains in the UK without any problems.
You don't know need a 'convertor' - just an 'adaptor' If you look on the 'white box' in the middle of the power cable, it actually says 100-240V and 50/60Hz. The supplied power cable does the necessary work for you.
So - I am using a US purchased MBP with the original US power adaptor and all I have is a £4.99 travel plug adaptor and it works just fine.
Which power supply cord and plug for MacBook Pro 15-inch, Late 2011?
- Asked by Synda C from Albuquerque
- 23 Sep, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Which power supply cord and plug for MacBook Pro 15-inch, Late 2011?)
does 60 watt work with ipad
- Asked by Adam B from Loretto
- 10 Aug, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (does 60 watt work with ipad)
No, Apple does not make MagSafe chargers for the USB-C MacBooks anymore. You can buy one with a third-party but not Apple.
- Answered by Abimael P from Inglewood
- 5 Apr, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro) support Macbook pro 2017 with USB C port?)
Does Apple still sell the A1184 power adaptor for Mac Book Pro 13 inch mid 2009?
Adaptor A1184 still available?
- Asked by Jennifer D from Charlottesville
- 12 Mar, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple still sell the A1184 power adaptor for Mac Book Pro 13 inch mid 2009?)