Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
120 Questions from the Community
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as wellBest Answer:
Unfortunately, MirrorLink is only compatible with the Iphone 4 and 4S.
Trying to get it working with anything newer, is just going to leave you with hours of frustration.
Best option is to email Pioneer and Toyota to complain.
Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?
I've got the Eurosport Player app on my iPad 2 and before buying the Apple Composite AV Cable, would like to know if I will be able to watch Eurosport programmes from my iPad on my TV. Thanks.
- Asked by Janet S
- 10 Feb 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
Yes it works, and it looks good.
Skygo on the other hand does not work.
- Answered by Mark A
- 28 Mar 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?
Will everything on the screen at whichever time show up on the TV or do certain apps disable that feature?
- Asked by Robert W from Widnes
- 23 Apr 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
No it will only show video and maybe display photo's
- Answered by Tom D
- 4 Jan 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
Does using the cable let you see exactly what you see on your phone on a monitor?
I'm wondering if using the cable let you see your iphone screen on the monitor? (i.e. seeing what you see on your phone but an exact copy on the monitor).
I have some medical apps for anatomy which I would like to view on a larger screen.
It's Netter's Anatomy for my iphone (it say's it's incompatible with ipads though if that makes a difference).
- Asked by Kyung Chan P
- 16 Feb 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does using the cable let you see exactly what you see on your phone on a monitor?)
What adaptor do I need to use face time from my iPod touch to the tv
I have an I pod touch I would like to use face time to chat but the screen is to small is there any way to display and chat through the TV over wifi hopefully charging at the same time
- Asked by Jan M
- 6 Sep 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What adaptor do I need to use face time from my iPod touch to the tv)
can this work with apple tv
- Asked by Anonymous A
- 16 Jan 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can this work with apple tv)
The Apple TV has it's own HDMI output to connect to a TV with HDMI or DVI inputs... It doesn't use the same connection as an iPod, iPhone or iPad.
- Answered by James H from North Bondi
- 31 Jan 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can this work with apple tv)
They are two analogue video formats, but composite connection puts all the video down one connector which is more convenient but less quality. Pretty much all TV's have these, if your TV has a SCART then a simple adapter will also allow you to play it back.
Component cable have higher quality by splitting the video into three parts (mistaken for Red, Blue and Green it is really Luminance, Contrast and Hue). This is the better quality but generally only modern HD sets have them and even then most opt to use the digital HDMI.
Both carry audio over a Left and Right cable which can be plugged into a receiver if you choose.
In short if you have component on your set go for that, but if you wish to use this with other TV's or systems, it is a 99/100 chance going to support Composite. Check your TV!
- Answered by Nicholas J from Westhumble
- 11 Dec 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between av composite and av component cable?)
how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv
- Asked by David B from Grundy Center
- 6 Sep 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv)
What type of video apps will work if this cable is connected to my tv? I have a 4th gen ipod touch and i want to know if this thing will work on my tv
- Asked by Israel D from San Pedro
- 30 Dec 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What type of video apps will work if this cable is connected to my tv? I have a 4th gen ipod touch and i want to know if this thing will work on my tv)
No answers yet
Is it possible to record tv sound on an iPad or iPod? There are an optical digital audio and 2 x RCA output sockets on the TV.
Sony HD TV
iPad 2 or oPod Touch
No answers yet