Questions & Answers for Apple 5W USB Power Adapter
52 Questions from the Community
Basically zero. I had mine plugged into a kill-a-watt meter and it doesn't even register when the device isn't connected. This means that if it draws anything, it's less than 1 watt (which is negligible).
- Answered by Joseph R from Rutherford
- 1 Oct, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the 5w adapter draw any current when a device is not connected? Thanks in advance.)
Yes, it would, but as you said it's going to take a long time
- Answered by Abdullah G from Bayan
- 7 May, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When traveling I want to carry fewer chargers. Will this charge my iPad Mini 2 w/Retina? Even if it takes longer?)
Not exactly. One end plugs into the normal UK plug socket. The other end is a usb socket for plugging a USB cable into. So you still need the cable to go from this to your iPhone 4s.
can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product
- Asked by Bill H from Newport Beach
- 15 Aug, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product)
Bill. The answer is "not really". Though the output from an iPhone charger is 5VDc, it can only give 5 Watts power. Voltage and power are different things. You may be using 5VDc, but if your device needs more than 5 Watts, then one of two things may happen.
1. Your device may not work, or work at a reduced capacity. E.g. a light would not be as bright as expected.
2. You will cause a larger power draw than the iPhone charger can handle and may either cause the charger to fail, or worst case a fire.
Please get the correct item charger for your device or go into somewhere like Maplin, with your device and they will keep you right.
- Answered by Raymond S
- 17 Sep, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product)
Does this offer surge protection?
- Asked by Jennifer G from Naples
- 8 Jul, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this offer surge protection?)
we bought this adapter model A1299 from UK , now relocation to india, hence can I use this with necessary universal adapter in india
No answers yet
Will it charge my GoPro Hero3+
- Asked by D J C
- 22 May, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it charge my GoPro Hero3+)
The Folding Pin Adapter will charge an iPhone 5 in numerous countries, with the UK being one of them.
You can find out all of the countries that it works in on the Product Description.
- Answered by Ben S
- 24 Nov, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the fold down pin adapter charge an iPhone 5 in uk)
Is the USB power adapter for iPhone 7 type a or type c?
What type of USB comes with the iPhone 7 charging adapter?
- Asked by Morton G from Santa Fe
- 20 Jan, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB power adapter for iPhone 7 type a or type c?)
The USB power adapter that comes with all I phones is type A [5 watt]
- Answered by Adam A from Daly City
- 9 Oct, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the USB power adapter for iPhone 7 type a or type c?)
Yes, this can charge your iPod. The compatibility list also shows this.
- Answered by David R from Bend
- 14 Feb, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (My iphone AC Adaptor model is, A 1265. Can I use my iphone AC Adaptor to charge my 16 GB ipod Touch?)
For the iPhone 7, what kind of car power adapter would I need?
- Asked by David Henry O from Victoria
- 5 Jul, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (For the iPhone 7, what kind of car power adapter would I need?)
- Asked about: iPhone
As long as the adapter says it is Apple certified, it will charge your iPhone safely. There is an excellent car charger on this site that will charge all iOS devices.
- Answered by Thomas P from Windsor
- 13 Aug, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (For the iPhone 7, what kind of car power adapter would I need?)