Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
230 Questions from the Community
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 22 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.
- Asked by Josh B from Osceola
- 28 Oct 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.)
No answers yet
Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?
- Asked by Tania R from Great Neck
- 30 Jul 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?)
playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display
Is it possible to play video produced by an iphone 5 over my vehicles navigation system screen with only AV outlets?
- Asked by Clint C from Baton Rouge
- 20 Jun 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display)
Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?
- Asked by Andrew D from Saugus
- 25 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?)
Yes, that is the port next to the HDMI
- Answered by Robert B from Mckinney
- 28 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?)
can I watch videos throw my phone onto my tv with the Lighting Digital AV Adapter
- Asked by Brandon W from Dawson Creek
- 23 Aug 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I watch videos throw my phone onto my tv with the Lighting Digital AV Adapter)
The way I understand this is it is a video to hdmi.
So plug your hdmi cable into this adapter and the TV and you will mirror the iPhone on your TV.
So what you get on your phone you see on the TV.
- Answered by Robert R from Menifee
- 5 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so will i be able to watch movies on my tv from the web off my iPhone 5 if i have it plugged in??)
Most definitely yes, this works with sound. It also works with the audible.com app just fine. Be aware, however, that Facetime will not rout through the adapter but stays on the phone. Also, be aware that telephone calls made through the phone app will say on the phone itself and not rout through the connecter. For blind Voice OVer users, Voice Over will speak on the phone itself and not be routed through the adapter: rather a nice plus.
- Answered by Raymond F from Houma
- 18 Sep 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this product work with sound as well as video?)
No macs have thunderbolt ports this is for the lightning port that the new iPad's iPhone and iPod have and its output not input. Hope this helps
- Answered by Ace F from Coffs Harbour
- 27 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this mean that i can hook my xbox360 hdmi to the adaptor and play on my Imac through lighting port now?)
is the lightning adapter compatable with iphone 6plus
- Asked by Scott C from New Haven
- 17 Jan 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (is the lightning adapter compatable with iphone 6plus)
Do is transport sound and video?
iPod mini video connector...
- Asked by Benjamin G from Minneapolis
- 9 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do is transport sound and video?)
Just plug it in. In my case, it didn't matter the order sequence of the connected devices. But just to be sure, have the TV or monitor on and ready, connected first to the adapter and to the appropriate HDMI input selected. Then to the iOS device on and unlocked on the home screen to the Lightning adapter. The charger part of it is not required (well, at least in my case) but it does help charge your iOS device while you can extend or disable the auto-shutoff screen setting on it. This is helpful because when the screen on your iOS device shuts off, it also shuts off the connection to the TV or monitor and this can get annoying.
- Answered by Jonathan R from Madison
- 1 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I mitrror my iPad to tv through the av adapter)
Do I have to be on wifi or have hotspot for the cable to work
- Asked by Shaun S from Lanham
- 24 Aug 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to be on wifi or have hotspot for the cable to work)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.Best Answer:
It is up to the app publisher to include support for video-out. For instance, I had attempted to stream HBO2GO to my AppleTV, only to find out it would pass audio but not video. HBO issued an update for the app just today allowing the video out (for both Airplay and AV ou,t like this product) to work from the app.
- Answered by Mark H from San Antonio
- 13 Feb 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.)