Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
Studio quality anywhere
About the size of an iPhone, MiC makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand.
Three products in one small package
MiC integrates a microphone, microphone preamp, and an A/D converter into one compact device. Each part of MiC is designed to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC became the mobile microphone of choice for artists desiring that big-studio microphone sound. The latest MiC delivers unsurpassed recording quality. It's optimized for the newest iOS devices, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity—up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning performances.
PureDIGITAL connection delivers pristine sound quality
Designed for vocal, spoken word, and acoustic instrument recording
Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac
Lightning and Mac USB cables included
Easy to use, no setup required
Gain knob and level indicator make setting level a snap
Made for GarageBand and Logic Pro
Low-noise digital connection with high-gain, studio-quality preamp
Made in the U.S.A.
Did You Notice?
Three products in one, MiC combines a microphone, a mic preamp, and a digital converter—everything you need to record.
Apple Recommends For
Anyone who wants a high-quality condenser microphone with incredible sound and total portability for recording on iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
What’s in the Box
Apogee MiC digital microphone
Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (3.3 ft./1 m)
USB cable for connection to Mac (3.3 ft./1 m)
Microphone stand adapter
Height: 4.56 in./11.58 cm
Width: 1.52 in./3.86 cm
Weight: 6.4 oz./181.4 g
Operating System: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later or iOS 6.1 or later
CPU: 1.5 GHz or faster Intel processor
RAM: 2GB of RAM minimum; 4GB recommended
Requirements Software: For Mac: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage, or any Core Audio compatible application. For iOS: Made for GarageBand on iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. Works with other Core Audio compatible apps.
Mfr. Part Number: MiC 96k-LO
UPC or EAN No.: 805676301495
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Warranty: One year
- iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
- iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
- iPod touch 6th Generation
Answers from the community
What microphone does apple sell that is best for recording piano?
- Asked by Noah C from MCLEAN
- on Dec 1, 2013
Apogee MiC sounds great on Piano and acoustic instruments. There is a great YouTube video of Ted Gow Apogee MiC sounds great on Piano and acoustic instruments. There is a great YouTube video of Ted Gowans from Tegan and Sarah recording acoustic instruments with MiC.
- Answered by Rob C from Nashville
- on Nov 6, 2016
Is there a way to connect the iOS Device to power while using the Apogee Mic? And if not, does it drain the battery of the iOS device quickly?
- Asked by Terri W from Pearl City
- on Apr 14, 2016
The new Usb3 Camera Adaptor now allows for lightning power in as well as USB input.
1 Answer(Is there a way to connect the iOS Device to power while using the Apogee Mic? And if not, does it drain the battery of the iOS device quickly?)
- Answered by JOHN N from CARINGBAH
- on Apr 5, 2017
using the apogee mic with iphone 6 video app, can you set audio levels?
- Asked by Richard J from Salt Lake City
- on Dec 4, 2015
Yes, the MiC has a gain wheel (input volume) on the side. The colored light shows the strength of th Yes, the MiC has a gain wheel (input volume) on the side. The colored light shows the strength of the signal. It works great for capturing sound for video!
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on Dec 9, 2015
Is this compatible with the iPhone 5 using an Apple 30-pin adapter? If so, is there any degradation in the quality?
- Asked by Daniel R from ANCHORAGE
- on Jun 14, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and drums. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 10 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Build your own grid using over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice or guitar
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap record and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
• Swipe on the Transform Pad to morph and tweak the sound of any patch
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the Audio Recorder
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create your own custom instrument
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
**** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later. Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface. …