500GB hard drive1
Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Thunderbolt. The fastest, most versatile I/O in any desktop. Of any size.
Thunderbolt technology in Mac mini is phenomenally fast. It features two 10-Gbps channels for data transfer. That’s up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2. But beyond speed, Thunderbolt gives you unprecedented expansion capabilities. You can daisy-chain as many as six Thunderbolt devices — including two Apple Thunderbolt Displays — to a single port. And since Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, Mini DisplayPort devices like the Apple LED Cinema Display plug right in, too.
DVD or CD Sharing
With the Mac App Store, getting the apps you want on your Mac has never been easier. No more boxes, no more discs, no more time-consuming installation. Click once to download and install any app on your Mac. But if an app you need isn’t available from the Mac App Store, you can use DVD or CD Sharing. This convenient feature of OS X lets you wirelessly “borrow” the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So you can install applications from a DVD or CD and have full access to an optical drive without having to carry one around.
No screen is too big.
It’s easy to connect Mac mini to the biggest screen in the house — your HDTV — courtesy of a built-in HDMI port. All it takes is one HDMI cable to start enjoying movies and TV shows from iTunes, surfing the web, and flipping through your photo library, all in brilliant HD. There’s also a handy control that lets you adjust the output on Mac mini to fill even the biggest HDTV screen. And when you just want to listen to music, you can play your entire iTunes collection through your home entertainment center, or stream it to a set of speakers in any room via an AirPort Express Base Station.3
The world’s most energy-efficient desktop computer.2
What Mac mini doesn’t do could be its biggest feat. It doesn’t waste energy. Even though the new Mac mini can deliver a huge performance boost compared to the previous generation, it still uses less than 11 watts of power when idle. Small wonder, then, that it doesn’t just meet the ENERGY STAR requirements, it exceeds them — six times over. Mac mini is also made from highly recyclable aluminum, and with a built-in power supply, there’s no plastic housing. Even its package is designed to be mini, so it’s as efficient as possible to ship.
Mac OS X
Includes the Mac App Store, Safari, Mail, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Notes, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Game Center, iTunes and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including: iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
What’s in the Box
- Mac mini
- HDMI to DVI adapter
- Power cord
- 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz)
- 3MB L3 cache
- 4GB (two 2GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- supports up to 16GB
- 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA1
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 processor
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Four USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- HDMI port
- SDXC card slot
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analogue)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analogue)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- built-in speaker
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking3; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible;
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.22 kg)4
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 1-800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products.5 Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. Claim based on energy efficiency categories and products listed in the EPA ENERGY STAR database as of October 2012.
- 3. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- 4. Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 5. Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.