Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - White
Thunderbolt technology supports fast data transfers with two independent channels of 10Gb/s each. And Thunderbolt 2 technology can bond the two channels for a superfast 20Gb/s. Use this cable to connect Thunderbolt-enabled devices to the Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port on your Mac.
The Apple Thunderbolt Cable lets you connect a Thunderbolt-equipped system to a Thunderbolt device. Connect a Thunderbolt-equipped Mac in target disk mode to another Mac for fast data access or system migration, or network two Thunderbolt-equipped computers.
What’s in the Box
Apple Thunderbolt Cable
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
What cable will I need to use a Samsung T5 as a external boot drive for a 21.5 inch iMac late 2015.
- Asked by John B from Yateley
- on Oct 12, 2019
How can i connect the new iMac 27'' (model late 2012) to another computer monitor screen (non-Apple monitor)?
- Asked by Neville T from Singapore
- on Mar 5, 2013
Can I connect a new Mac Mini to a new iMac for display purposes using the Thunderbolt cable.
- Asked by William M from Bannockburn
- on Aug 9, 2012
I can answer this myself as I took a chance and bought the cable. Connect the Mac Mini to the 27" iM I can answer this myself as I took a chance and bought the cable. Connect the Mac Mini to the 27" iMac via the Thunderbolt cable and press cmd + F2 on the iMac keyboard to enter target display mode. The iMac becomes the display for the Mini, works a treat.
- Answered by William M from Bannockburn
- on Sep 5, 2012
Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
1 Answer(Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?)
- Asked by ZhaoLi G from 香港
- on Jun 29, 2011
Can this cable be used with external hard drives, if so what drives?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXXXXX
- on Jul 14, 2011
No drives currently available.
Some from Lacie in the pipeline.
- Answered by Ross D from Alford
- on Jul 19, 2011