AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone X
Service and Support
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss
Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss extends that coverage (1) up to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage, theft, or loss coverage. Each incident is subject to a deductible of $29 for screen damage, $99 for any other accidental damage, or $269 for theft or loss for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone X. In addition, you’ll get Express Replacement Service (2) and 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone. (3)Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your iPhone at the time it is lost or stolen. (4)
How to get AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss
Add it to your bag during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:
- Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)
- At an Apple Store (requires an inspection of your iPhone and proof of purchase)
- By calling (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)
One stop for technical support
Because Apple designs iPhone, iOS, and many applications, iPhone is a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare products provide one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Should you need repair or replacement, there are convenient service options. (5)
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone
- Mail-in repair: Mail in your iPhone using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair: Take your iPhone to an Apple Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Express Replacement Service (2)
Apple hardware coverage
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss provides repair or replacement hardware service for your iPhone and includes up to two incidents of accidental damage, theft, or loss. Each incident is subject to a deductible of $29 for screen damage, $99 for any other accidental damage, or $269 for theft or loss for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone X. Coverage includes the following:
- Your iPhone
- Battery (1)
- Included EarPods and accessories
Software support included
With AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss for iPhone, Apple experts can help troubleshoot issues with your iPhone, iOS, iCloud, and Apple-branded apps, including:
- Using iOS and iCloud
- Questions about Apple-branded iPhone apps such as FaceTime, Mail, and Calendar
- Connecting to wireless networks
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen. (4)
See AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss Insurance Documents for complete product details. Certain exclusions apply.
UPC or EAN No.: 190198736857
(1) Service coverage is available only for iPhone and its original included accessories that are defective in materials or workmanship or for batteries that retain less than 80% of their original capacity. The replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss Insurance Documents for complete details.
(2) Express Replacement Service is not available under the screen replacement service fee or deductible.
(3) Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
(4) Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen. During the theft or loss claims process, you will be asked to erase your missing device, disable it, and transfer ownership before you can be issued a new device.
To ensure you can sign in and access Find My iPhone, it’s important to remember your Apple ID and password and keep your account information up to date. If you use two-factor authentication for Apple ID, it’s recommended that you add an additional trusted phone number to your account so that you can receive the 6-digit verification code required to sign in even if your iPhone is missing.
After initiating your theft or loss claim with Apple, you will be asked to finalize your claim on Assurant’s website at www.assurantdeviceclaim.com.
(5) Availability of each option depends on the country in which service is requested and location of the Apple Authorized Service Provider. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions. For complete details, see AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss Insurance Documents
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase iPhone.
AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss is underwritten by American Security Insurance Company, (NAIC 42978; Principal Address: 260 Interstate North Circle, SE Atlanta, GA 30339, 1-305-253-2244; Jurisdiction: Washington D.C. and all states in the United States except New Hampshire; Domicile: Delaware). In New Hampshire, the underwriter is Standard Guaranty Insurance Company. In Montana, the underwriter is American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. These companies operate under the trade name Assurant.