Can I use my private iTunes library on the HomePod?
I have over 500 Gb of music stored in my iTunes library on an external hard drive. Can this be played through the HomePod without having to jump through a bunch of hoops such as a separate phone app other than the Apple app. And if so can the songs be changed from the app?
- Asked by fn from Woodbury
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my private iTunes library on the HomePod?)
2 Answers from the Community
To add to the affirmative answer you've already gotten, I have been going through the process of digitizing a collection of old LPs, converting the individual tracks to individual MP3 and AAC files. This project has included some non-commercial albums (e.g., high school band or choir recordings from the 1960s)....As soon as I put those in iTunes, they get uploaded to iCloud and are accessible to be played through the HomePods in both of our residences, as well as anyplace else (the car) where I have access to the iCloud files.
- Answered by John A from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it can, but you must complete “iTunes Match” first, so that your music is available in the cloud. Once you have done that, and the HomePod(s) are linked to the same Apple account as the iTunes Match, Siri can access your entire library and you can ask Siri to play certain songs, certain albums, to shuffle all songs, or songs of a specific genre, or a specific artist as well as any of your playlists. It’s really great!
- Answered by Kenneth E from Gloucester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use HomePod in Czechia?
- Asked by Arsen H from Brooklyn
- Jul 9, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use HomePod in Czechia?)
Can i use HomePod in Cyprus?
- Asked by Marinos O
- Nov 16, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use HomePod in Cyprus?)
No answers yet