will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad
I have the original I pad and would like to hook up to my TV. will the AV adapter work ? and will it play audio as well as video
- Asked by Patricia D from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (will the AV adapter work on the first generation i pad)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
2 Answers from the Community
The Lightning AV adapter will only work with the iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 5/5C/5S and the latest generation iPod devices that have the Lightning connector.
The first, second and third generation iPad have the older 30 pin connector so you need to use the 30 pin version on this store.
- Answered by John C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it won't, you may get picture but no sound. I too attempted this on my 1st generation iPad to watch NHL TV through my TV's 2nd HDMI input but while you can view the picture, you won't get sound too, unfortunately. If you have AppleTV however, you can airplay it to the TV.
- Answered by Rick P from Dartmouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will it work with the first zeppeliner not air.. ????
- Asked by Torben N
- Dec 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with the first zeppeliner not air.. ????)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter