Does wireless charging work through this case for the iPhone 8 Plus?
- Asked by Chris S from Milton
- Flag as inappropriate Does wireless charging work through this case for the iPhone 8 Plus?
5 Answers from the Community
Yes. It works through most cases even an Otterbox Defender thick case. Cases with any metal may inhibit wireless charging though as well.
- Answered by Dylan R from Monmouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, I have an otter case (Defender case) and it works with my Belkin charging unit. However, it's slower than using the standard charging block/lighting cord provided with the phone. Not sure if the case is affecting the charging time?
- Answered by Alan P from Colchester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It should work through any non-metallic case. However, depending on how thick the case is the charging time will be extended. Wireless charging depends on the back of phone being in close physical contact with the charger, the ideal being directly on the charger with no intervening distance between the two. So the thickness of the case will increase this distance and therefore the charging time will be longer but probably only slightly more for a standard case. The charger is really akin to a big magnet when its charging and this magnetism through the glass back of the phone induces an electrical current in a coil inside which charges the battery. So the further away the two are, the less magnetic field in the coil and therefore less current to charge the battery.
- Answered by George K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes except for metal cases
- Answered by Connor R from Moreno Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
yes it does work with this case
- Answered by Alan M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
does the iphone8 work with 110 and 220 volts.
- Asked by Ronald F
- Oct 24, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate does the iphone8 work with 110 and 220 volts.
No answers yet
When charging it from the wall charger, does it stop charging when both are 100% charged up ?
Asked about: iPhone 8 Plus / 7 Plus Silicone Cas...
- Asked by Peter P from Sydney
- Jul 9, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate When charging it from the wall charger, does it stop charging when both are 100% charged up ?