I want to buy an iPhone X, but I live in Romania. I'm coming to the US .How do the sales taxes work and will the phone work with my local carrier?
Also, is there a SIM-free iPhone X yet?
1 Answer from the Community
To answer your question I phone X works in Romania on these carriers
Please make sure when you buy one in USA try to get iPhone X Model A1901. This is a model and in Romania Iphonex is compatible with above GSM carriers. The model # is as per Apple website for Romania compatibility.
Regarding Sales Tax you will pay the local sales tax of the city you are buying from. If you are in New York then you will pay NY sales tax and so on.
The SIM free I phone X is not available However at the time of purchase in the Apple store tell them "NOT TO ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE" to any carrier. They will ask you this question at the time of purchase. You want unlocked phone and this is what it will be if it is not activated to any one carrier.
- Answered by Neeraj B from Woodridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I buy AppleCare+ for my iPhone X through Apple, if I bought the iPhone X through Verizon?
- Asked by Patrick T from Silverdale
- Oct 27, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy AppleCare+ for my iPhone X through Apple, if I bought the iPhone X through Verizon?)
- Asked about: AppleCare+ for iPhone X
Does it work on an iPhone X
- Asked by Jennifer C from Elko
- Mar 12, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work on an iPhone X)
- Asked about: Gamevice Controller for iPad mini