what does the message on my Iphone "no sim card" mean
- Asked by Randy H from W Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate (what does the message on my Iphone "no sim card" mean)
2 Answers from the Community
it means you don't have a service sim card
- Answered by Enrique R from Lakewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
1 of 4 scenarios are the most common, however all have a commonality of the device being unable to authenticate with the sim card.
#1 The Sim Card Inserted is damaged or corrupted in some way. This is the case if you attempted to move the sim from carrier type to another carrier type. IE: Even though Verizon and Sprint use Sim Cards doesn't mean you can put the sim in a TMobile phone or vise versa. The sims are still carrier specific.
#2 The Sim Card was not properly obtained from an approved vendor or the Sim is has locks or restrictions limiting use to a subset of devices.
#3 Sim cards may only be inserted/removed with the device powered off if it was not done the sim may not have read the insertion or may have incomplete data as a result of not being removed in a powered off state.
#4 If the device or sim are previously used ensure that the contacts on the sim card are "bright and shiny" no dirt or other form of tarnish. Also ensure that the sim card is not visibly damaged from the outside and the contacts have clear separate contact points. Ensure the sim is being put in the correct direction and is fully seated without any portion of the card extending beyond the phone case. If any portion of the sim extends beyond the case remove the sim, verify you are inserting it correctly and that you have removed any dirt, dust, or debris from the sim card slot. The device the Sim is to be inserted should always be powered off before insertion. Use canned air to blow out any accumulated dust or particles from the sim slot.
If after a 2nd attempt the card still does not fully seat and you have verified it is being properly inserted in the phone DO NOT POWER THE PHONE ON. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORCE THE CARD TO BE FULLY SEATED. Take it to a service center or apple store for assistance.
- Answered by James T from Oakland Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
if i buy a phone without a sim card does it mean it’s unlocked?
- Asked by Linda N from Mobile
- Sep 14, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (if i buy a phone without a sim card does it mean it’s unlocked?)
I have an unlocked iPhone X would I be able to use a TelCel (Mexico Sim Card) on it while I am in the United States?
- Asked by Adriana G from Romeoville
- May 9, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an unlocked iPhone X would I be able to use a TelCel (Mexico Sim Card) on it while I am in the United States?)
Are iMessages stored on SIM card and if they are how can I delete
- Asked by Denise O from Kenedy
- Jul 9, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Are iMessages stored on SIM card and if they are how can I delete)