why do my text messages show up on another iphone
I share an apple ID with another family member and he sees all of my text messages. Why is that?
- Asked by John P from Naples
- Flag as inappropriate (why do my text messages show up on another iphone)
3 Answers from the Community
Sharing an Apple iD is not the best idea. You should each have your own and just create a family share plan. But they should be able to uncheck the Apple ID under: Settings > Messages > Send & receive and they shouldn't get your messages anymore. Most likely they are getting only your iMessages (blue bubble)
- Answered by Brennen W from Titusville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
When you share an apple id with 2 people or 2 devices, the system assumes that both these devices are used by the same user!
For example:lets say you own an iPhone... then you purchase an iPad! When you sign into YOUR devices you would expect to see all your information from the iPhone to your iPad!
So the fact that your family friend sees your text messages is EXPECTED behaviour, as the two of you are sharing one apple id.
Imagine if you had to manually transfer all your contacts manually over to the iPad to use FaceTime if your apple id did not do this for you?
It would be potentially disastrous...
My advice would be to:
a)getting separate apple ids
b)look into setting up family sharing
Hope this helped :-)
- Answered by Vasileios R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Hi, your messages & answers will show in all devices that you are signed in on and with the person that you share an apple account with.
They should only show if you both have that person as a contact in your contacts. I have not known it do it for people that are not of a familiar contact. I hope this helps. Regards
- Answered by Sarah V
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
flashing dots in text messages
- Asked by Michael M from Hollywood
- Jul 6, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (flashing dots in text messages)
No answers yet
How to get my text messages to show up on both iPad and iPhone?
- Asked by Steve N from Chicago
- Jun 18, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (How to get my text messages to show up on both iPad and iPhone?)
When I send a text message to another iPhone on our family apple ID, it also sends the message to my iPhone. How do I stop/turn that off?
- Asked by Gavin G from Farmington
- Apr 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (When I send a text message to another iPhone on our family apple ID, it also sends the message to my iPhone. How do I stop/turn that off?)