Will the iPhone 8 plus. Sim free. Work with Chinese carrier?
- Asked by Chunting J from Compigne
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPhone 8 plus. Sim free. Work with Chinese carrier?)
1 Answer from the Community
If you order SIM FREE version fro mApple in USA You will be shipped one of these models-
Model A1863 (GSM)
Model A1863 (CDMA)
iPhone 8 Plus
Model A1864 (GSM)
Model A1864 (CDMA)
All 4 model numbers above are compatible with china Mobile, China telecom and China Unicom. Please make sure if you are in USA to order SIM free version. The link below from Apple site shows what I phone models are compatible with Chinese carries.
iPhone 8 Model A1863 (GSM) Model A1863 (CDMA) iPhone 8 Plus Model A1864 (GSM) Model A1864 (CDMA)
Also please see the Q/A from apple site on your question. Hope this helps.
What does “SIM-free” mean?
“SIM-free” means your iPhone doesn’t ship with a carrier SIM card. The SIM-free iPhone sold on apple.com and at the Apple Store is unlocked. That means you’re free to use a SIM card from any carrier that provides service for iPhone.
When I buy an iPhone from apple.com, is it tied to a carrier or does it come “unlocked”?
Nearly all iPhone models sold on apple.com are “unlocked” — which means your iPhone isn’t tied to a single carrier. Your iPhone will only be tied to your carrier if you choose carrier financing from AT&T or Sprint.
- Answered by Neeraj B from Woodridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can we replace iPhone 7plus with 8 plus If the screen of 7plus is damaged can we replace the device with new
- Asked by Naela F from Hyderabad
- Feb 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we replace iPhone 7plus with 8 plus If the screen of 7plus is damaged can we replace the device with new)
- Asked about: AppleCare+ for iPhone 8 Plus, iPhon…
Where is the microphone on iPhone 8 plus
- Asked by Mary C from Gresham
- Mar 6, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the microphone on iPhone 8 plus)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 Plus / 7 Plus Silicone Cas…
No answers yet