Grounding my macbook air
When I got my macbook air I noticed that you can have an ungrounded plug adapter inserted into the brick or have a cord with a grounded plug inserted. What are the differences in using these different plugs?
- Asked by Angela K from Dartmouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Grounding my macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
3 Answers from the Community
One is grounded and the other is ungrounded as you mentioned. I find that it is very important to use the three prong/grounded plug when ever you can, just because it is safer. The two prong is great for when traveling since you don't need to carry an extra 3 foot cable with you. Others and I have also found that the MacBooks heat up less when using the grounded cable.
The only real difference is convenience for the consumer.
Hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes it will
- Answered by Noel W from Secaucus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is no safety difference whatsoever. The 3 pin grounded cable goes to a 2 pin connector which then plugs into the adaptor.
This means that the grounding is not even connected so there is absolutely no difference safety-wise.
- Answered by Anthony Q from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use this MagSafe to charge my MacBook Pro with my MacBook Air charger?
- Asked by Megha P from San Jose
- Dec 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this MagSafe to charge my MacBook Pro with my MacBook Air charger?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
how do i install usb superdrive on macbook air
- Asked by Scotty S from Carthage
- Feb 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i install usb superdrive on macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet
Will force touch work with older Mac laptops that do not have force touch trackpads?
- Asked by Thomas C from Petaluma
- Jan 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will force touch work with older Mac laptops that do not have force touch trackpads?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2