How to set up dual monitor?
I've got two of these, but each comes with one input, so I'm not sure I can daisy-chain it like Mac -> lg1 -> lg2. Alternatively, I thought I could do dual output, like Mac -> lg1, Mac -> lg2, but will it work? I could also get a usb-c signal splitter, but I'd prefer one fewer equipment if the dual output solution works.
What's your solution?
- Asked by Zhanwen C from Poughkeepsie
- Flag as inappropriate (How to set up dual monitor?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
1 Answer from the Community
My screens arrived today and they are frankly awesome. I'm afraid you cannot daisy chain them, I have tried purchasing active cables as well as passive cables to check daisy chaining, but I can confirm it is not possible. To run these screens you will require the latest 15" MacBook Pro /w Touchbar late 2016 model or later. All the cables in the box work for the system, and you simply plug in one cable into one slot and the second into another slot. (slot = USB C Port). I would recommend downloading the LG Screen management as it maps all of your windows to fit sections of the monitor.
Have a good day,
- Answered by Sammy H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will I be able to connect the Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor 2560x1600 Display as a second external monitor to my 15" Macbook Pro Retina.
- Asked by Ron V from Los Alamos
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to connect the Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor 2560x1600 Display as a second external monitor to my 15" Macbook Pro Retina.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Is this product dual voltage?
- Asked by Daniel A from Pleasant Valley
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product dual voltage?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB