Is it possible to upgrade 2009 iMac?
Hi all, I have an iMac (27" late 2009 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 8Gb). I use it mostly for music composition running Logic Pro X and EastWest virtual instruments (Via PLAY instrument player). My faithful old Mac is not coping with these demands as well as I need, but I can't afford to make the jump to Mac Pro yet. The two areas of concern are 1. the time it takes to load instruments in Logic (mostly EastWest libraries) and 2. system performance when multiple high end instruments (again looking at EastWest here) are in use. With these points in mind, is there any official Apple way of upgrading my revered iMac to the standard required? Perhaps additional RAM or faster internal hard drive? If there is, what costs are associated? Thank you. Paul Morgan, Odiham.
- Asked by Paul M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to upgrade 2009 iMac?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
I have a imac 10.6.8 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac4,1 what can I upgrade to, is it possible to upgrade to 10.7? also is it possible to upgrade to later os
- Asked by Shane B
- May 13, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a imac 10.6.8 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac4,1 what can I upgrade to, is it possible to upgrade to 10.7? also is it possible to upgrade to later os)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Does this product work with a 2009 iMac ? Thanks
- Asked by Kerrie-george H
- Jan 1, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product work with a 2009 iMac ? Thanks)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…