How to download Lion osx 10.7 on MacBook Pro osx 10.6.8? (Mid 2011/hard drive corrupt & dvd/cd won't mount) Any suggestions & recommendations welcomed
MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 Mid 2011 model Power Mac 5.3.
My hard drive is corrupt, missing Volumes, losing iTunes songs from imported CD'S left n' right. I tried to download Lion, but when I clicked on Buy Now, it went into my Cart, meaning no direct download?
I am hoping that with Lion OS X 10.7, it will not only repair hard drive issues, but also upgrade my MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 as well. I brought my Mac to a PC/Mac repair shop, the tech there, hmm, did not fix issues.
Also, I do not want to lose Software already installed on hard drive, as all my Adobe, Apple & complete software library was destroyed in 2013 by Hurricane Sandy (she took my house as well).
Any support, suggestions and or recommendations greatly appreciated.
1 Answer from the Community
Try booting to internet recovery (Command+Option+R)
- Answered by Christopher B from Rancho Cordova
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- Nov 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- Aug 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Will these EarPods work with my MacBook Pro 15" Retina mid 2014 computer??
- Asked by Tracey T from Boca Raton
- Jun 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these EarPods work with my MacBook Pro 15" Retina mid 2014 computer??)
- Asked about: EarPods with Lightning Connector