Is there a way to make this work with the iPad Air?
I read that it did not work back is 2012 with anything or than a macbook or imac but now that the iPad Air is out, is there a way to make this work with an iPad Air?
- Asked by Nichole J from Raeford
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to make this work with the iPad Air?)
1 Answer from the Community
No. This is simply a Smart Card Reader - Hardware - which means that you also need to have the necessary software components and integration to be able to use it with an iOS device. As of iOS 7, Apple does not provide any Smart Card / Reader integration into the platform. There are third-party readers that have already been integrated into various Enterprise Applications, but they had to integrate the Smart Card Reader vendor's SDK as well as provide their own support for the particular Smart Cards in use. Also, bear in mind that this reader leverages USB and there is no USB port on an iOS device - and rightly so.
- Answered by Shawn G from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this make my iRig Midi for keyboards work on Mini iPad?
- Asked by Vicki B from Bonney Lake
- Dec 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this make my iRig Midi for keyboards work on Mini iPad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Will the Apple Pencil work on my iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Paul M from Kenner
- Feb 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple Pencil work on my iPad Air 2?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
No answers yet
lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility
- Asked by Joseph A from Long Valley
- Aug 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter