can I play bass guitar with it? How About vocal?
- Asked by Denis S from Kalamazoo
- Flag as inappropriate (can I play bass guitar with it? How About vocal?)
5 Answers from the Community
Definitely yes to bass guitar, vocals would be better with the upcoming 'MIC' from Apogee. You could also use the inbuilt mic in the iPad to get vocal ideas into Garageband.
- Answered by Geoff W from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Bass worked great as well as vocals. I ran a sure mic into it with an xlr to 1/4 mic cable and plugged it in. Worked just fine and the vocals were crystal clear. I tried out different amps and you can get a variety of interesting bass sounds. Overall, I can do everything I need to do with this device. My next experiment will be taking a 1/4 male to 2 1/4 female jacks and running 2 mics into it for drums to see what happens.
- Answered by Brian L S from Lawrence
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Apogee Specs call out 44.1 Hz at the bottom of the response range Open E is 41.2 Hz and open B is 30.9 Hz It may work but the ADC will probably cut out at the bottom. Keyboards too. I wanted to use this with my 5 string but may have to keep looking hate to spend $100 to test it out.
- Answered by Md A from Rolling Hills Estates
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Great for guitar. Not so great for vocals if you are using a microphone with balanced outputs.
You are much better off with the Apogee Mic for vocals. I have it. It's great.
- Answered by Steve W from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The bass should work exactly like an electric guitar. No problem. And the mic will need an impedance converter. But yes. They will work.
- Answered by Matthew S from Church Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
can I play music from my Mac iTunes library?
- Asked by Susanne T from Loxton
- Feb 29, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can I play music from my Mac iTunes library?)
- Asked about: Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM Portable Wir…
I would like to connect my beats to my guitar amp to listen to my playing. Can I do that with an adapter and can I get a cord that is 10f eat long?
- Asked by Gregory R from West Windsor
- Dec 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I would like to connect my beats to my guitar amp to listen to my playing. Can I do that with an adapter and can I get a cord that is 10f eat long?)
- Asked about: Beats Audio Cable