is this compatible with MAC OS High Sierra 10.13?
- Asked by fn from Scarborough
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with MAC OS High Sierra 10.13?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, the Linksys Velop WiFi Mesh system is fully compatible with all macOS versions, High Sierra included, but I would recommend the competing Mesh system from Netgear called Netgear ORBI. By way of explanation, I've been a fan of Apple's Airport WiFi product line since its inception for it ease of set up, exceptional reliability and introduction of Mesh functionality, though alas Apple never mentioned or promoted this latter capability. Consequently ever since Apple abandoned their WiFi product line, I'd been actively researching for a follow-on WiFi mesh system and so when Apple endorced the Linksys Velop, and based on favorable reviews, I bought 1 set of three modules for our home to test.
In spite of some initial setup problems, I was eventually able to get the Linksys Velop working in our home. Despite those setup hiccups and some design negatives, after a roughly 2 month test, I bought two more sets of three modules each for our two adult kids' homes for Christmas last year. Sad to say neither of those installations went well, resulting in multiple days of troubleshooting, working with Linksys tech support, requiring returning one module of each set back for replacement. In one case, even after replacing the defective module, I was never able to get the system working. In the other, while I did get it working, it tended to crash once roughly every 2 weeks and proved unable to recover by itself without manually intervening by resetting of all the home network components.
So of the three homes, with only one working reliably. I made the hard decision to abandon the Linksys and give the Netgear ORBI a try, again initially just for our home, and then after that proved successful, buying two more for our kids' homes which have also worked. Coincidentally during this time frame, Apple began selling the Netgear ORBI system. So if you haven't bought the Linksys Velop yet, I would urge you to consider the Netgear ORBI instead. Linksys tech spt exemplary, product iffy
- Answered by William M from Germantown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Maureen C from Medford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I just installed the k750 keyboard/software on my Mac running 10.13.6 and am not having any problems. Keys feel nice, too!
- Answered by Peter G from Kamuela
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is this device compatible with MacOS High Sierra (10.13.x)?
- Asked by Mary Ellen J from Hartford
- Jun 25, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this device compatible with MacOS High Sierra (10.13.x)?)
- Asked about: HP ScanJet Pro 2500 f1 Flatbed Desk…
Will this device work on a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
- Asked by Barbara S from Eight Mile
- Sep 27, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this device work on a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6)
- Asked about: Belkin USB 3.0 4-Port Hub + USB-C C…
Is Linksys velop compatible with macOS High Sierra
- Asked by Danièle G from Longueuil
- Oct 12, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Linksys velop compatible with macOS High Sierra)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…