Could this also be used to feed a USB 3 Hub? - Will the Thunderbolt pass enough power to be able to do this?
I'm looking at a way to be able to get USB 3 connectivity to a Mid 2011 iMac - typically has thunderbolt but not USB 3.
2 Answers from the Community
I have a powered hub connected to it, and it works fine. It would probably depend on how much power the device you want to connect draws. The manufacturer states to "use a powered hub for best results".
- Answered by Ken C from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Use the extra USB port to connect extra peripherals. For even greater expandability, add the Kanex 4-port USB 3.0 hub and access up to 4 USB 3.0 devices at the same time.
- Answered by Thomas M from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Dock supposed to be able to power the SuperDrive?
- Asked by Mason M from East Olympia
- Jul 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Dock supposed to be able to power the SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?
- Asked by Scott M from Stoneham
- Mar 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with iPhone6? What USB device powers it?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter