Do I need to buy smart bridge separately for it to become homekit enabled (siri controlled)? I thought apple tv acts as the central hub.
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, you need both the Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge and Apple TV (4th gen).
You may want to buy the starter kit first, which includes two switches and the Smart Bridge. This switch is an add-on to an existing system.
The switch talks to the Smart Bridge, which talks to the Apple TV, which enables your iOS device to control the switch via HomeKit and Siri:
Switch---Smart Bridge---Apple TV---HomeKit and Siri control from your iOS device
- Answered by Anthony T from Wilmette
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You need the smart bridge hub to add Homekit capability. Homekit requires a special hardware chip to ensure secure communication which is in the smart bridge. There are some devices that have the chip directly built it. While the Lutron requires the hub, it is extremely reliable and the switches cost less then most wifi switches, especially for 3-way or greater circuits where Lutron uses the pico remotes for remote switch locations.
- Answered by Mark M from Trumbull
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Apple TV acts as your external hub so that you can control HomeKit devices from outside your home WiFi network. Most HomeKit devices need a way to send a signal from your phone to the individual products they connect to, which is what the hub does. Some devices have their own built-in hub, but this is not one of those.
- Answered by Carl G from Beaverton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
With this filter, is the use of a stylus or Apple Pencil easy (one touch/tap)? Or are multiple touch/taps needed?
- Asked by Mahealani B from Honolulu
- Feb 19, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (With this filter, is the use of a stylus or Apple Pencil easy (one touch/tap)? Or are multiple touch/taps needed?)
- Asked about: 3M Privacy Filter for 9.7-inch iPad…