I assume one would need to add the Redvolt expander for XLR audio in? Otherwise no out-of-the-box audio recording capabilities, correct?
4 Answers from the Community
No you can use the V-Mount/IO plate included in the kit. Just use a 1/8 to XLR adapter and you're set.
- Answered by Jeffrey L from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Correct, to receive XLR input, you would need the DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander. Alternatively, you can connect a Stereo microphone directly to the DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander via a 3.5 mm jack. The V-Lock I/O Expander is included in the RED RAVEN Camera Kit.
- Answered by Redsupport S from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is a line in jack (3.5mm), but no XLR input in this set. Other modules have XLR inputs available from RED.
- Answered by Michael H from Prosper
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It has Stereo Analog input (3.5 mm jack) via the DSMC2 V-LOCK I/O EXPANDER and burktomater in stereo mic.
- Answered by Mats H from Drottningholm
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is it a three pin audio jack?
- Asked by Zach B from Conroe
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it a three pin audio jack?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
No answers yet