Can I connect an Apple 4k TV to this display?
- Asked by Benjamin W from Aspen
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an Apple 4k TV to this display?)
2 Answers from the Community
I have the same question, great answer Joseph V. I wonder if demand has facilitated the production of adapters that now run 4K at 60Hz. For example, there are several third party adapters for under twenty dollars on Amazon. I bought the Apple AV Adapter thinking that would work. But that's only a one-way adapter intended to run out of a MacBook Pro, etc. I think. Either way. would be awesome to get the Apple TV running on this display.
- Answered by Ben L from Wilton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Short answer: No.
The Apple 4K TV has only an HDMI 2.0 output.
The LG UltraFine 4K display only has a USB-C input. It uses USB-C with DisplayPort alt mode. The USB-C cable has wires for the DisplayPort signal, and wires for a USB 2.0 connection which the LG display uses for brightness control, audio, and its USB ports.
Currently available HDMI 1.4 to DisplayPort adapters only support 4K 30Hz. Next year may see HDMI 2.0 converters that support 4K 60Hz but may cost up to $200.
Other computer monitors have HDMI 2.0 inputs and DisplayPort 1.2 inputs.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?
- Asked by Michael B from Scottsdale
- Dec 21, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
I have a new high speed ISP with 1GB input. Tested at nearly 500Mbps at AV box I connected Apple Extreme Ethernet jack Is only 50 Mbps?
- Asked by Stephen S from Rancho Santa Fe
- Jan 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new high speed ISP with 1GB input. Tested at nearly 500Mbps at AV box I connected Apple Extreme Ethernet jack Is only 50 Mbps?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme