Can I connect the 4k Apple TV to this display?. If so which adapter do I need?
1 Answer from the Community
Short answer: No.
The Apple 4K TV has only an HDMI 2.0 output.
The LG UltraFine 4K display only has a USB-C input. It uses USB-C with DisplayPort alt mode. The USB-C cable has wires for the DisplayPort signal, and wires for a USB 2.0 connection which the LG display uses for brightness control, audio, and its USB ports.
Currently available HDMI 1.4 to DisplayPort adapters only support 4K 30Hz. Next year may see HDMI 2.0 converters that support 4K 60Hz but may cost up to $200.
Other computer monitors have HDMI 2.0 inputs and DisplayPort 1.2 inputs.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How to hook up apple TV 4k to a monitor that only streams 4k through display-port?
- Asked by Louis H from Denver
- Sep 13, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (How to hook up apple TV 4k to a monitor that only streams 4k through display-port?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Will the Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (4K) connect to projectors as well? Or only TVs?
- Asked by Rochelle B from Sudbury
- Dec 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (4K) connect to projectors as well? Or only TVs?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…