Is there an adaptor to connect this to a Mac without USB-C, but with Thunderbolt 2, i.e. to last week's MacBook Pros?
2 Answers from the Community
No, it's for USB-C Macs with USB 3.1 speeds only so that means the new MacBook Pros and 12" MacBooks only I'm afraid.
- Answered by Jeff N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Those new MacBooks should work with this. They have USB-C ports that are also capable of Thunderbolt 3 over the same port, so they should work with any USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 monitor. Please note when choosing a new monitor that Thunderbolt 3 has a much higher bandwidth and potentially let you connect more display and faster ports like USB 3.1 (USB-A) ports and even other Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Answered by Gerry F from West Palm Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work on the USB C - 2015 MacBook?
- Asked by Mark P from Vancouver
- Nov 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on the USB C - 2015 MacBook?)
- Asked about: Elgato Thunderbolt 2 Dock
Can promise pegasus2 support MacBook Pro without thunderbolt?
- Asked by Bill W from Hong Kong
- Oct 20, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can promise pegasus2 support MacBook Pro without thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R6 18TB (6 by 3TB)…