Does the monitor rotate to the portrait position?
- Asked by Ralph M from Rockaway
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the monitor rotate to the portrait position?)
2 Answers from the Community
The included stand does not allow rotation. You may use the included VESA mount adapter with a VESA arm or mount that has rotation capability to physically rotate the display.
macOS does not show the rotate option for this display or similar displays such as the Dell UP2715K 5K display. SwitchResX shows the option, but macOS AMD drivers have a bug in the rotation code where only the top 2880 pixels are visible (or bottom if rotation is 270°). I tested this with a Dell UP2715K in macOS 10.13.4. Others have tested with an LG display. macOS Nvidia drivers can rotate a 5K display (using SwitchResX), but the macOS Nvidia driver supports 5K only on the Dell UP2715K unless you install a hack for the Nvidia driver to enable 5K on the LG UltraFine 5K.
Windows AMD and Nvidia drivers don't have any issues with 5K or rotating 5K (on a Mac using Bootcamp, or on a PC).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Marc W from Tallahassee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Since the stand allows the monitor to be held in both portrait and landscape modes does the screen switch as in the iPod Touch or iPhone?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxx
- Feb 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Since the stand allows the monitor to be held in both portrait and landscape modes does the screen switch as in the iPod Touch or iPhone?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount