Does this monitor automatically charging the MBP while connected via Thunderbolt? I wonder if this would be bad for battery life.
1 Answer from the Community
This is no different than keeping your MBP plugged in while on the regular power block. Battery technology has changed the nature of our batteries in major ways. It is no longer the case that your battery will stay in better condition if you fully discharge it before recharging. If you have a MBP that can support this display, then you have a battery that can sustain continuous charging.
- Answered by George R from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this charge automatically?
- Asked by Jennifer C from Fort Mill
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charge automatically?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…
No answers yet
Could it be this adpater is responsible for faster MBP battery drain?
- Asked by Pascal D from Merelbeke
- Sep 24, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Could it be this adpater is responsible for faster MBP battery drain?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Can I use this adapter with a mid-2009 MBP?
- Asked by Will R from Tamarac
- May 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter with a mid-2009 MBP?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…