Is this thermostat compatible with a wall heater?
We prefer to use a wall or baseboard heater in the kids rooms rather than turn on the central heat.
- Asked by Chrystie S from Ojai
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this thermostat compatible with a wall heater?)
2 Answers from the Community
Hi Chrystie, this Thermostat doesn't work with electric/baseboard heaters.
- Answered by Andrew R from Bristol
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
All these WiFi smart thermostats control low voltage (24V DC) heating and cooling systems. Check the wiring on existing thermostat.
For baseboard heaters. I expect to see 2 black wires capped with wire nuts which confirms it is a high voltage (120/240V AC) system and is not compatible with the iDevices Thermostat.
If you’d have a low voltage system, you’ll see thin wires, at least 3 thin color-coded wires going straight to a control system that is connected to your baseboard. One of them needs to be the “C wire” (Common) which provides the 24 Volts, power for the thermostat. If you don’t, have a C wire, you’ll need to provide 24V to the thermostat.using an external power converter.
- Answered by Alex G from St-laurent
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Must I use one of the thunderbolt ports to connect it to the wall?
- Asked by Gustavo B from Porto Alegre
- Jun 27, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Must I use one of the thunderbolt ports to connect it to the wall?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
Does this product also work with amazon alexa?
- Asked by Anthony L from Arnold
- Jan 30, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product also work with amazon alexa?)
- Asked about: Leviton Decora Smart 15 Amp Switch