Is this thermostat compatible with a wall heater?
We prefer to use a wall or baseboard heater in the kids rooms rather than turn on the central heat.
- Asked by Chrystie S from Ojai
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this thermostat compatible with a wall heater?)
2 Answers from the Community
Hi Chrystie, this Thermostat doesn't work with electric/baseboard heaters.
- Answered by Andrew R from Bristol
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
All these WiFi smart thermostats control low voltage (24V DC) heating and cooling systems. Check the wiring on existing thermostat.
For baseboard heaters. I expect to see 2 black wires capped with wire nuts which confirms it is a high voltage (120/240V AC) system and is not compatible with the iDevices Thermostat.
If you’d have a low voltage system, you’ll see thin wires, at least 3 thin color-coded wires going straight to a control system that is connected to your baseboard. One of them needs to be the “C wire” (Common) which provides the 24 Volts, power for the thermostat. If you don’t, have a C wire, you’ll need to provide 24V to the thermostat.using an external power converter.
- Answered by Alex G from St-laurent
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does it come with a uk wall plug
- Asked by Shaun H
- May 28, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it come with a uk wall plug)
- Asked about: 61W USB-C Power Adapter
No answers yet
How will these be backwards compatible with earlier Iphone models if not using Bluetooth?
- Asked by Scott A from Provo
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How will these be backwards compatible with earlier Iphone models if not using Bluetooth?)
- Asked about: AirPods