I’m not a professional film maker)) Could somebody explain what difference between first and second model of DJi Osmo mobile.
3 Answers from the Community
The first generation is powered by a removable battery and charged with a USB-A to 3.5 mm jack cable. Battery lasts about 4-5 hours. Its construction is metal and the phone-gripping portion of it is with a turndial clamp which allows for landscape shooting.
The second generation is a reinforced plastic build, powered by a larger, non-removable battery that is charged with a USB-C connection. Battery lasts upwards of 10 hours. The phone gripping portion of it uses a spring system but also allows the phone to be oriented in both Portrait and Landscape settings. This generation also has a port so you can use it's massive battery as an external charger for your phone to plug into. This one also has a physical zoom slider on the side to use while filming.
Those are just about all the major changes between the two. A couple of the button layouts are different but allows all the same functionality. Hope this was helpful!
- Answered by Andre G from Fillmore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The first one is $200 for start compared to $129. On the second generation you have vertical and landscape mode the vertical is what you can be used for live stream on Facebook Instagram and stuff like that. Unlike the first generation. The second generation has a 15 hour battery life and the batter can’t be removed and also has a USB port to even charge your phone with. The first generation has a 4-5 hour battery life and you have to remove the battery with a very propitary charger only made for the device.
- Answered by Peter H from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The v2 is cheaper to make as its less expensive materials (plastic vs metal)
It has a nonremovable battery
It's runtime on the battery is longer than the v1
The v2 let's you charge your phone from the v2 battery while in use.
The v2 has a tripod mount on the bottom while the v1 has a mount on the side higher up.
The v2 allows for portrait ( why one would record portrait video makes no sense) recording without having to hold the device sideways.
V2 doesn't have the trigger button for mode change instead using a round thumb side button.
It's a bit taller I believe (to get the extra battery volume)
- Answered by Thomas S from Sammamish
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I am just wondering if this case is thin enough to fit the case on the phone then onto the dji osmo mobile?
- Asked by Duane H
- Nov 13, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (I am just wondering if this case is thin enough to fit the case on the phone then onto the dji osmo mobile?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport Case for iPho…
Do airpods work as microphone when filming video
- Asked by Amanda C
- Nov 6, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Do airpods work as microphone when filming video)
- Asked about: AirPods
Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter
- Asked by Gary C.j. S from Chermside West
- Mar 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter