Does this have to be run in a RAID or can you use the 2 drives independently?
Can I use the 2 8TB drives in this be used as independent drives? Say one drive for my files and the other drive as a Time Machine drive? Or can this only be used in a RAID array?
2 Answers from the Community
You can configure it as JBOD, so yes the drives can be used independently.
- Answered by John R from Wyoming
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it has to be RAID configured. 4Tb RAID1 mirrored drive or 8Tb RAID0 stripped drive
- Answered by Robert P from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you mount external drives via the display?
- Asked by Vytas J from Marina Del Rey
- Dec 2, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you mount external drives via the display?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
I see this allows for 2 HDMI monitors, can these monitors be independent or are they mirrored only?
- Asked by Erin N from Auburn
- Jul 2, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (I see this allows for 2 HDMI monitors, can these monitors be independent or are they mirrored only?)
- Asked about: CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock