Does this work with Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Asked by Philip G from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Does this work with Mac Pro (Late 2013)
2 Answers from the Community
With a few bucks, this is completely compatible. You may verify this with the LaCie web site where in will find the instruction manual. My Mac is about 5 years old and I wanted the drive for a web server application and additional storage so the 16 TB drive will be run as rad 1. The drive comes with a USB 3.1 to USB 3.0 cable so the drive out of the box will connect to a 3.0 USB port on the Mac at speeds of up to 5Gb/s. The drive will also work with a USB 2.0 port however at speeds of 480 Mb/s. The manual provides instructions for OS X 10.9 and 10.10 so is this drive is intended for use with systems without Thunderbolt connectivity. I have exhausted all of the USB ports on my system so Thunderbolt of which I have only used one port is the desire connection for my system. This is possible if you buy the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 2 Cable. Your transfer rates will be around 20Gb/s compared to the 40Gb/s of Thunderbolt 3. The drive can be reformatted to FAT 32 or exFAT if you have to move data between a Mac and Windows however it may only be connected to one computer at a time. The drive comes formatted as HFS+ ready to use on your Mac. As this drive arrived today, 2 days after I ordered it, I I have only verified the connections work in both cabling configurations, the drive was accessible and showed 16TB of storage. While I haven't pushed the drive, the fan noise is minimal and I look forward of years of usage from this drive.
- Answered by Dena W from Laveen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Simple answer: No. Long Answer: Due to the limitations of the 2013 Mac Pro, it does not have usb-c. This dock uses usb-c to connect to the computer. FYI: Use the "compatibility" section of the page to check to see if it works. However, this may not always be up to date. Hope I answered your question. :)
- Answered by Rylan O from Waukesha
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will this work with my (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) mac pro?
- Asked by Tbar K from Panama City Beach
- Feb 17, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate will this work with my (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) mac pro?
Will this cord work on my late 2013 MacBook pro
- Asked by Patricia H from Ketchum
- Mar 30, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will this cord work on my late 2013 MacBook pro
Is this drive compatible with an iMac from late 2013?
- Asked by Emily A M from Indianapolis
- Apr 26, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Is this drive compatible with an iMac from late 2013?