Will this work with Apple Thunderbolt Display and an HDMI connected display?
I have a 2018 Mac Mini, connected to an Apple Thunderbolt display using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt adapter and via HDMI to a Dell U2715H display. If I connected both of these to the BlackMagic eGPU and the eGPU to my Mac, will both screens get accelerated or just one? I am assuming both but never used something like this before.
2 Answers from the Community
Both should get accelerated. The Blackmagic eGPU is the only eGPU with a second Thunderbolt port that gets DisplayPort signals from the GPU in the eGPU (instead of the iGPU or dGPU in the Mac).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I know for certain the Apple Thunderbolt Display will be accelerated on its own, but I am not 100% sure on both connected at the same time. I would assume yes.
- Answered by Geoffrey P from Tinley Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Evan W from Plymouth
- Apr 5, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?
Does this work when plugged into a Thunderbolt Display (if the display itself is connected to an otherwise supported Mac)?