Can it go into portrait mode with the stand it comes with? If not, can it go into portrait mode with a VESA mount?
3 Answers from the Community
@ Benjamin - Thanks for responding.
I learned that the monitor doesn't officially support portrait mode but I tried rotating the orientation into portrait mode in an Apple store and it worked. (I didn't rotate the monitor itself, just the presentation.) So I went ahead and bought one and put it on a VESA mount and portrait mode has worked fine for several months now. In fact it's worked fine using two of these monitors in portrait mode. I'm using a 15" 2017 MBP. Not sure why it's not officially supported. Perhaps I'm risking something, but it's been great so far.
- Answered by J B M from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The stand does not support portrait mode but the screen does. With a VESA mount to orient the screen portrait mode will work fine
- Answered by Dave B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No it can't, it only supports landscape orientation.
- Answered by Benjamin W from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can this product be turned around into portrait mode?
- Asked by Rahul K
- Jun 7, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be turned around into portrait mode?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Does this allow shooting with iPhone 7 Plus in portrait mode?
- Asked by Benjamin C
- May 15, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow shooting with iPhone 7 Plus in portrait mode?)
- Asked about: JOBY GripTight Action Kit with Gori…
Does iPhone 8 Camera have Portrait Mode?
- Asked by Gary W from Cullman
- Dec 29, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does iPhone 8 Camera have Portrait Mode?)
- Asked about: iPhone