Is there a way to get an HDMI input?
I'm considering buying one of these primarily to use with a 2019 MacBook Pro. I'd also like to occasionally use it with a 4K Apple TV and an older laptop that has an HDMI output. Is there a cable or adapter I can get to allow this monitor to accept a standard HDMI input? Will it work with both 4K and 1K devices?
- Asked by Frank L from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Is there a way to get an HDMI input?
2 Answers from the Community
I've tried various adapters, and as far as I can tell it only supports Thunderbolt 3 devices.
- Answered by Philihp B from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you get a usb-c to hdmi adapter you should be able to connect it to other devices that support HDMI output. I haven't personally tried it yet but I've tried it with other monitors and it works
- Answered by Atafo A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the hdmi port allow input as well as output, for example can I connect my camera and get 4k video at 30hz from it on my imac screen?
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- Aug 25, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
Can I use this adapter to connect my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011: non-retina, 'Thunderbolt') to the HDMI input on a new projector?