Can my existing Apple Expresses connect to the Orbi wifi to enable sound from my MacBook Air/iTunes, iPhone or Apple TV 4k to play through my hi-fi?
1 Answer from the Community
From what I can gather this should work, but I have no experience using this setup. According to Wikipedia;
“When connected to an Ethernet network, the Express can function as a wireless access point. The current model allows up to 50 networked users. It can be used as an Ethernet-to-wireless bridge under certain wireless configurations. It can be used to extend the range of a network, AND/OR as a printer and audio server. The model introduced in June 2012 includes two Ethernet ports: one WAN and one LAN.”
With the RBK23 (this product) the router and both satellites each have an Ethernet port for peripherals (the router has two Ethernet ports but one is for connecting to the Internet). From what is written on Wikipedia, it should be possible to connect the Express(es) to the router or satellite(s) using Ethernet or WiFi, thus keeping the functionality of the Express(es) when set up correctly.
- Answered by Iain C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this Velop mesh Wi-Fi router compatible with other Wi-Fi devices besides Apple?
- Asked by Dane J from Greenville
- Mar 25, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this Velop mesh Wi-Fi router compatible with other Wi-Fi devices besides Apple?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
Can you connect two controllers to Apple TV?
- Asked by Yar Ali Shah B from Kalba
- Nov 9, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect two controllers to Apple TV?)
- Asked about: SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Gaming …
No answers yet
does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
- Asked by Phil T from Bossley Park
- Dec 10, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
No answers yet