Can I charge an Apple Watch by laying the watch directly on the pad? That is, without using the standard external circular charger?
2 Answers from the Community
No. It’s is only for QI Wireless devices.
Apple Watch uses Apples own propriety wireless charge system which is 2W.
There is a USB socket at the rear where you can plug in a Apple Watch charging cable and charge you Apple Watch this way.
- Answered by Darren F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No you can not. Apple Watches uses a different charging method than phones with wireless charging uses. That’s why Apple Watches doesn’t charge on any wireless charger.
- Answered by Louis C from Hyattsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can it be used to charge Apple watch?
- Asked by Bunnarom S from West Valley
- Oct 14, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used to charge Apple watch?)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging stand
No answers yet
can i use the charger with first generation watch
- Asked by Anthony R from Washington
- Aug 11, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the charger with first generation watch)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock