Is charge time affected by USB outlet type? Ie., Apple or off-brand adapter, computer, extension cord, or in-wall plug?
30 pin to USB cord and iPad 2nd Generation charging speed
1 Answer from the Community
In charging speeds of devices such as yours it's quickest if you use the mains power than computer usb as the wall charger allows more juice into your battery than a computer USB port. I can't comment if off-brands (read reviews/research before buying) are better than apples, but I would stick to apples chargers as they work/tested and won't damage your device.
- Answered by Michael C from Honiton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it include type G outlet plug
- Asked by Cindy P from Milton
- Jan 9, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it include type G outlet plug)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Does it need to be plugged into the wall to work or is it self powered with USB to computer connection?
- Asked by Tyler L from Seattle
- Nov 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it need to be plugged into the wall to work or is it self powered with USB to computer connection?)
- Asked about: Belkin Aluminum USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
Is the plug on this extension cable one that will fit a power outlet in New Zealand?
- Asked by Gaylene W from Nelson
- Apr 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the plug on this extension cable one that will fit a power outlet in New Zealand?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable