Looking for a combo charger and extension cord for ipod touch.
In my car, I have a dock in my glovebox where I can plug in my ipod to play music through the car's stereo. This is great but there are a couple of problems.
1. The dock in the glovebox does not charge the ipod.
2. The ipod stays in the glovebox, and controls for changing songs/tracks through the relatively crude interface to the stereo are not ideal.
What I'm looking for may not exist, but I want to get an extension cord so that I can still plug the ipod in at the dock in the glovebox, but have the ipod out of the glovebox so I can see it, etc. I also would like to have a way to charge it using the dc lighter thing.
Does anyone make a cable that's an extension cable with another branch off of it for charging? I'm envisioning a cord with a car charger on one end that plugs into the ipod, then a second cord that is a docking extension cord that also runs into the end of the cable that plugs into the ipod.
All of this may be moot if I move to the iphone. I have a bluetooth connection for my phone but not sure if the iphone could take calls and play music through the bluetooth connection. My wife's car does this but mine is a little older and might not.
- Asked by Charles F from Roanoke
- Flag as inappropriate (Looking for a combo charger and extension cord for ipod touch.)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
My charger stopped working. Was it because when plugged into an extension cord it always felt hot? Is an extension cord compatible with this charger
- Asked by Tanya J from Midlothian
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My charger stopped working. Was it because when plugged into an extension cord it always felt hot? Is an extension cord compatible with this charger)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Adapter won't stay plugged into receptacles while traveling
- Asked by James S from Baldwinsville
- Jan 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Adapter won't stay plugged into receptacles while traveling)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
Does this work for iPod touch
- Asked by Andrew C B from Biddeford
- May 10, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work for iPod touch)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …