Can i use a USB receiver for a wireless mouse via the keyboard ports?
- Asked by Joel A from Murfreesboro
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a USB receiver for a wireless mouse via the keyboard ports?)
4 Answers from the Community
I have had success using the usb port on the keyboard to plug in my Kensington wireless trackball's usb dongle while the system is up and running. Where it seems to be problematic is that the Mac(2014 Mac Mini) doesn't seem to recognize the trackball(mouse) upon booting up when connected this way. Not sure why and was looking through the FAQ's for information/work-arounds when I stumbled upon this question and thought Id share my experience. So my answer would be "no".
- Answered by Daniel H from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, I have been told, its Blootooth, no cables or wires or dongles needed. apparently!
- Answered by Michael A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes! you can plug in the little adapter as the keyboard functions as a USB hub too. I am using a Logitech M525 to click around on apple right now and it works well. You can also plug it into the back of your iMac assuming that is what you are using and that works even better to free up the USB's in the front so you don't have to crawl behind the computer to plug a cable. But the bottom line is yes. it doesn't matter for 'books
- Answered by Gavin S from Tipton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Absolutely - I'm using one right now.
- Answered by Michael M from Greensboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Networking an AV receiver via Airport express
- Asked by Stephen J from Melbourne
- Dec 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Networking an AV receiver via Airport express)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
Can you recharge this mouse with a regular USB port?
- Asked by Josh C from Thornton
- Jan 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you recharge this mouse with a regular USB port?)
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2