Is the USB extension cord that comes with the keyboard have "standard" USB male & female fittings?
I can't seem to fit a male USB plug into the extension's female fitting.
1 Answer from the Community
OK... so I discovered my own answer... Apple puts a little ridge on the USB keyboard "extension" female fitting. And, they put a matching valley on the male keyboard fitting. So.. the male keyboard fitting will slide into a standard USB port (in back of computer) and the ridged female fitting on the extension... BUT a standard USB male fitting will not fit into the female extension fitting because of the ridge. I wanted to use the extension to extend my printer cable.. so I filled off the ridge in the female fitting and now I don't have to buy a extension for the printer.
- Answered by Steve G from Auburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there a USB C male to female cable - so that adaptor can be at a further distance from the Macbook pro?
- Asked by Nitesh C from Norcross
- May 16, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a USB C male to female cable - so that adaptor can be at a further distance from the Macbook pro?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
What kind of USB connector is on the end? Is it male or female USB?
- Asked by Raymond S from Wyckoff
- Jan 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of USB connector is on the end? Is it male or female USB?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)