Does the 2011 Mac mini work with the mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter?
I have a business client who has VGA monitors that he would like to use, but I don't know which adaptors to purchase.
- Asked by Gary Z from Manakin Sabot
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 2011 Mac mini work with the mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes. The manual and description on this product say so, and confirmed by testing.
- Answered by James B from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I guess Thunderbolt port is backward compatible with mini display port also. So, a mini display port cable can be used on Thunderbolt port and it should work fine.
- Answered by Saravanakumar M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, I also am searching for the solution to this & am surprised that it's hard to find, I just ordered a Mac Mini & as it's small intend to take it with me when looking after other people's houses & use their VGA monitors. It seems the Mini comes with a HDMI to DVI adaptor included & the type is dvi-d so just need a cable &/or adaptor to go from that to VGA, going to see if I can locate one now but if anyone knows the link please post, other answers to this question asked elsewhere all recommended the Mini DisplayPort to VGA cable but confusingly the Mac Mini has no Mini DisplayPort & I guess one can't just plug that in to the Thunderbolt socket as was also suggested - will update if I can find more
- Answered by Richard A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Sep 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
How does this cable work if you want to connect to a VGA projector for presentations? Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter won't work
- Asked by Richard P
- Sep 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this cable work if you want to connect to a VGA projector for presentations? Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter won't work)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter