WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
I have MAC MINI (Serial #G87221GMWOD), MODELIDENTIFIER "macmini1,1", (1.83 GHz), Intel Core Duo, 2 cores, 2 GB.
I currently have one monitor. a ViewSonic
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
I would like to add another monitor similar to my current ViewSonic, except for a larger display (22").
As I am not technically inclined, not to mention I'm 81 years old, I would appreciate your information as to how to setup/attach the new monitor to my current setup. The end result being that both monitors display the same information.
I appreciate and thank you for any assistance may be able to pass along to me.
Very truly you,
Franklin B. Dreyer
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
1 Answer from the Community
Hi Mr. Dreyer,
Unfortunately the model of Mac Mini that you have only supports one monitor. The new model that was recently released has two display outputs (Mini DVI and Mini DisplayPort) whereas yours only has one (Mini DVI).
I am unaware of any method for splitting that single display output to allow it to connect to two monitors. I'm very sorry
- Alex R.
- Answered by Alex R from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this mount be adapted for dual displays? If so, where can the parts be acquired?
- Asked by Gary B from Richland
- Sep 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this mount be adapted for dual displays? If so, where can the parts be acquired?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount Combo
How to set up dual monitor?
- Asked by Zhanwen C from Poughkeepsie
- Dec 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How to set up dual monitor?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display