what cable do I require to connect my unibody macbook pro to my 30 inch apple display
also the 30 inch display needs a 400 fire wire connection and usb, the usb is no problem and presumably I can get a 400 to 800 fire wire adapter but how do i run the fire wire to my audio unit/hard drives?
1 Answer from the Community
You'll need the Mini-DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter. It is scarily expensive (i.e $99 or around 65 pounds sterling) but should work although I'd hold off until the problems with the DisplayPort adapters get fixed. For now I'd say buy the Mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter which is cheaper but will not give you your full set of resolutions. The FireWire will work fine as the FireWire 800 to 400 adapter will make your MacBook's FireWire port act as if it was a regular FireWire 400 port.
- Answered by Ed N from Blackpool
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i connect my Mac Book Air(with mini display port) to 30 inch Apple cinema display? with this cable
- Asked by Gaurov N from Arlington
- Mar 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my Mac Book Air(with mini display port) to 30 inch Apple cinema display? with this cable)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can I use this display with my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) and if so which cables do I require? Many thanks
- Asked by Josh A
- Nov 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this display with my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) and if so which cables do I require? Many thanks)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display