Can I use this to set up a personal wi-fi with a password on a large public wi-fi, such a campus wi-fi?
I have a wireless printer in my dorm and you are unable to log onto the campus wi-fi on my printer, additionally if I was able to then everyone on the wi-fi would be able to print on my printer. Could I set this up in my dorm so that I could use my printer wirelessly without having to worry about others using it? How would I go about this and would it cause a lot of interference?
- Asked by Sammie E from Peachtree City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to set up a personal wi-fi with a password on a large public wi-fi, such a campus wi-fi?)
1 Answer from the Community
This question is dated a little back so I'm not sure if you still have the question or not. But the answer all depends on your college. Yes you could set it up and use your printer off of it no problem and keep it hidden from other people. The problem lies with your college network itself. My college for example prohibits personal routers and will disable the internet to our rooms if a router is detected on the network. However some college do allow personal routers. All you need to do is ask and they'll say yes or no and if yes what you need to do to get it to work. Try not to get too stressed at college like I am!!!
- Answered by Joey S from Massillon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?
- Asked by Nadine M from Parap
- Dec 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Extreme be used to extend my Wi-Fi signal, from my Netgear Extender?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Do the watches have blue tooth and wi-Fi?
- Asked by Brian P from Ixonia
- Feb 11, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the watches have blue tooth and wi-Fi?)
- Asked about: Watch
No answers yet